Many of you know that I am a huge fan of spaghetti squash. I eat it at least once a week. It’s a great pasta alternative. I was getting bored of paring it with marinara sauce, so tonight I went a different direction with it. I took it Olive Garden Style!
About three years ago, I used to go to…
unretouched esquire outtakes from 2010. absolutely beautiful.
oh my god I just love you so much
Wow, I love this. Maybe if I saw things like this more often I’d actually LIKE my body.
I wish the unretouched outtakes from every shoot would be published for the public to see..
For the past couple weeks I found myself making the same dishes over and over again. Jeremy and I are hooked on roasted vegetables. I was making it a couple times a week. It’s hard work. When I’m really tired, it’s the last thing I want to do. It takes over an hour and a half to cook and prepare.
We like making large salads with our dinners. I like to add hard boiled eggs and cooked shrimp as a protein. He likes to add baked chicken. Baking chicken and boiling eggs adds an extra 30 minutes onto our dinner time.
Yesterday, I decided to make things easier for me this week. I bought all the ingredients for baked chicken and roasted vegetables. I made enough to last for dinner through out the week.
This is just a start to my new habit of preparing foods. I plan on cooking most of the meals on Sunday to save time. I just got a new crock pot for Christmas, so I’m sure that will come in handy when preparing meals.
I was watching a documentary the other day on eating whole foods. My new years resolution is all about eating whole and cutting out artificial ingredients. I know there will be times at restaurants or road trips where I’ll have eat what’s available. If I eat whole 90% of the time, I’ll be doing much better than I used to. This documentary said using olive oil was pointless. He roasted his vegetables with low sodium vegetable broth. I thought that was a good idea. It cut out half the calories in my roasted vegetables. I didn’t have to season them either, the vegetable broth gave them a great flavor. Eliminating the seasoning cut out the extra salt too. You can still season them if you wish.
- 5 Mini Purple Potatoes
- 4 Mini Honey Gold Potatoes
- 2 Large Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Box Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (Whole Foods)
- 3 Large Zucchini
- 3 Large Summer Squash
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
Cook in oven for 1 hour on 350 degrees. Stir every 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp Light Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Cooking Spray
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray
- Add chicken to pan.
- Pour vegetable broth and honey mustard over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes.I boiled about 18 large eggs for salads as well.
Place roasted vegetables and chicken into containers. Put the containers in the fridge.
Keep A Breast Non-Toxic Revolution’s What to Eat Wednesday (when it’s October and all you want is pumpkin!)
Tons of videos for those with no equipment! These are awesome!:) Did a couple this morning!
Bodyweight Upper Body Workout - At Home Upper Body Workout for Lean Muscles with No Equipment (by FitnessBlender)
Thursday, March 5, 2009 work it out
There’s nothing that looks better on clothes than a toned fit body. So why not fall in love with getting in shape? Working out has been something I’ve dreaded before but here are some easy steps I do to making it happen. Get in the habit. It doesn’t matter if you’re tired, hungover, it’s raining, it’s too nice- GO. I make working out such a part of my daily routine it’s like brushing my teeth. I MAKE it a MUST so that “I can’t or I have no time” is impossible. Make working out enjoyable. Before when I used to run my ass on the treadmill like a gerbil, I made sure I had an enjoyable playlist to get me hyped and juiced.. Now that I sit my lazy butt on the bicycle, I read. I love to read and this time also allows me to catch up on my emails, text messages, plan out my day- and before you know it, you’ll watch time fly. Diet. It’s honestly the only way to go. I don’t mean anything crazy but never underestimate the power of portions and replace certain foods so you don’t feel deprived. For example, I love chocolate milk- but now I drink light soy chocolate milk and i LOVE it. I never liked vegetables before but now I love salads- believe me there are many delicious salads that go beyond a caesar. For me, maybe after gaining 50lbs and eating everything in sight for 9 months you become quite disgusted with the junk you used to eat. You can still indulge, I encourage it, but everything in moderation is key. Be consistent. I can’t stress enough how much this played such an important factor in discovering how much weight I’ve lost. In the 50lbs I lost in 2 months, I honestly did not see results instantly. It was a gradual process that took heart and dedication, but time flew by fast and so did my pre-pregnant body. Reap the rewards. Treat yourself to something nice when you accomplish mini goals, enjoy the compliments and watch yourself feel good that you actually WANT to keep up the hard work. And you’ll see working out can not only be healthier but actually make you feel real good inside. My typical work out day:
- I go to a real janky gym. You don’t really need anything fancy. Cute workout clothes are neither required either unless you really want to. I honestly get up sometimes in my pajamas and glasses just to get myself to go first thing in the morning. I worry about getting cute after.
- I don’t do anything drastic. I bike for 30 minutes, an hour if I have time and a good read. 2 arm machines of 4 sets of 20- these are pretty similar to push ups only the lazy version. Then I do a shit load of sit ups- on an ab bench! :)
- I WANT to eat healthy bc I know how hard it is to work out and I don’t want to regain it all back in 5 minutes of eating a whole roll of microwaved cookie dough.
- Although don’t get me wrong, I have my days where I’m pure lazy, eat my late night mcdonalds after a big night out, just ask my friends they’ll tell you how disgusting it is.. or inhale a whole bag of cadbury mini eggs in one sitting- yes i know, but just the smell inside of the bag makes me salivate.. haha. But I don’t beat myself up for it, I just make up for it and work out hard the next day.
Best butt workout ever. Extremely recommend this video!
Not even a One Direction fan but I’ve been doing this for the past couple days. Love it!
There has been this recipe for a 500 calorie pumpkin bread loaf floating around pinterest and I have wanted to try it for so long! Tonight I stopped at the store and grabbed most of the ingredients but decided to change it up to make it even more low calorie…
- Chest and Back/Ab Ripper X
- Legs and Back
- Yoga X
- Cardio X
- Kenpo X
- Shoulders and Arms
- Core Synergetics
- Stretch X
- Chest, Shoulder, and Triceps
- Back and Biceps
- Fit Test
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit
- Cardio Power & Resistance
- Cardio Recovery
- Pure Cardio
- Cardio Abs
- Core Cardio & Balance
- Max Interval Circuit
- Max Interval Plyo
- Max Cardio Conditioning
- Max Recovery
- Insane Abs
- Max Interval Sports Training
- Upper Body Weight Training
- Learn & burn
- Cardio Party Mix 1
- Cardio Party Mix 2
- Cardio Party Mix 3
- Kickin Core
- 20 minute workout
- T3 - Totally Tubular Turbo
Hip hop abs:
Tone It Up:
- Flat Abs Challenge
- 3 Minute Ab Challenge
- Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves
- Inner Thigh Insanity
- Saddlebag Shaver
- Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques
- Butt Blaster
Cardio & High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Tone It Up Beach BABE video
- BodyRock.tv Hot Body Workout video
- BodyRock.tv 4 Minute Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Hardest Workout Ever video
- BodyRock.tvHard Bodies Getting Harder Workout
- BodyRock.tv 6 Minute Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Run The World Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Hot Attack video
All Over Body Toning
- Tone It Up Arms, Abs, and Legs Pyramid video
- Tone It Up Bikini Abs & Thighs video (with yoga ball)
- Tone It Up Sandcastle Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Tone It Up Bikini Blast Circuit Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Pop Pilates Till The World Ends video
- Pop Pilates Summer Slimdown Part 1 & Part 2
- Bodyrock.tv I’m Into You Workout video
- skinnyyogagirl’s 1000 Rep Workout
- skinnyyogagirl’s Full Body Cardio & Strength Workout
- skinnyyogagirl’s Burning Body Workout
- Pop Pilates Flat Abs Challenge video
- Pop Pilates 3 Minute Ab Challenge video
- Tone It Up Tighten & Tone Your Abs video
- Tone It Up Itty Bitty Bikini video
Legs & Butt
- Pop Pilates Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves video
- Pop Pilates Inner Thigh Insanity video
- Pop Pilates Saddlebag Shaver video
- Pop Pilates Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques video
- Pop Pilates Butt Blaster video
- Tone It Up Bikini Beach Bum video
- BodyRock.tv Abs Now Workout video (I know it says abs but it works the thighs more)
- BodyRock.tv 300 Squats Challenge
- skinnyyogagirl’s Legs & Butt Workout
- Dashama Sun Salutations video
- Dashama Sun Salutations 2 video
- Dashama Hip Stretches
- Tara Stiles Bend It Like Tara video (my favorite stretching video)
- sadienardini 40 minute yoga weight loss videos Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Plus 45 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Beginner Yoga 20 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Sculpt 30 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Fusion 45 minute video
- Yogis Anonymous Hurts So Good Power Yoga 95 minute video
- Yogis Anonymous Blissed Flow Yoga 90 minute (love love love this one!)
- Post Running Stretch video from FlexibleWarriorYoga
The Biggest Loser:
- Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start Workout
- Biggest Loser Cardio Max Workout
- Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga
- Biggest Loser Boot Camp Workout
- 10 Minute Jump Start Cardio Workout!
- 10 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Workout!
- 10 Minute Jump Rope Cardio Workout!
- 15 Minute Abs Workout!
BodyRock Cardio Workout:
Ooooohh. Just what I needed *continues to munch on a muffin*